How to book
Contact Nick or Keith on 0404 117 207 (Note: this mobile does not accept SMS texts) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the price table for a clearer image on some smartphones.
- Day hire is 8 am to 6 pm and includes 200 kms.
- Three day special is for any three consecutive days and includes 500 kms.
- Overnight extension allows you to collect the evening before or return early the following morning.
- Additional kms can be purchased in advance, in blocks of 100 kms, at half price.
- Fully comprehensive insurance is included in the hire fee.
- The insurance excess will be held on your credit card for the duration of the hire, as a security deposit.
- Prices include GST for private hirers.
Please note that, as many of our owners work, the pick up time is strictly 8 am unless otherwise arranged in advance. If you arrive more than 20 minutes late there is no guarantee the car will be available and there will be no refund.
- Delivery or collection may be arranged (subject to owner’s agreement) at $4 per km each way. There is a minimum charge of $100 each way. For airport pick up and drop off the charge is $150 each way due to logistical constraints. (We prefer to do handovers in hotel locations where there are no time and space restrictions).
- All our cars are also available with a driver – subject to availability. Contact us for more information. Note that there is no security deposit required where we supply the driver.
- Satellite navigation is available for $10 per day.
- Hire fees, less $200, will be refunded if a booking is cancelled more than 7 days prior to the hire date.
- Should bad weather be forecast we may defer your booking to a later date.
- Should your chosen car not be available (due to mechanical breakdown, etc.) we will provide a substitute vehicle (if one is available) or an alternative date for your chosen vehicle.
- Security deposits are required to cover the insurance excess, by credit or debit card for all cars and will be taken upon collection of the car.
- Pick up time is strictly 8 am, unless a different time is agreed at time of booking. Most of our owners have day jobs so it is important that you arrive on time. If you arrive more than 20 minutes late we cannot guarantee the car will be available for you and no refund will be due.
- Final approval of hirers at the discretion of SELF-DRIVE VINTAGE AND CLASSIC CAR HIRE PTY LTD and the owners of the car.
- All drivers and the person providing the credit card for the security deposit must sign the hire agreement.
Hire Agreement for Self Drive.
Full terms and conditions are on our website. These key points do not override them.
- The drivers agree to return the vehicle in the same condition as when it is taken out, barring fair wear and tear, including a full tank of fuel.
2. Only the drivers listed below are to drive the vehicle and not if over the legal blood alcohol limit or under the influence of drugs.
3. The drivers confirm that they are aged over 25 (21 for Group A cars) and have not had their driver’s licence cancelled, endorsed or suspended within the last three years.
4. The vehicle must not be used on unsealed roads, nor for hire or for towing or for motor sport of any kind.
5. Drivers agree not to drive in a dangerous manner nor in contravention of any legislation or road rules.
6. All drivers are jointly and severally responsible under this agreement and authorize Self-drive Vintage & Classic Car Hire to debit the credit card supplied with any charges relating to this agreement, including any parking or traffic offences including an administration charge of $30 for each offence.
7. Drivers will be responsible for any damage (including windscreen and tyre damage) caused to the vehicle to a maximum of the insurance excess unless any clauses in this agreement are breached in which case drivers will be responsible for all costs and losses including consequential loss.
8. The insurance excess is $5000 and may be reduced for some vehicles in return for a daily payment.
9. A security deposit equivalent to the insurance excess will be taken by credit card upon the commencement of the hire. This will be refunded when the vehicle is returned with no damage.
10. The car is not to be used for commercial purpose – photography, display, music videos, corporate events, etc.
11. Drivers must immediately inform Vintage & Classic Car Hire of any damage or defect in the vehicle and the vehicle must not be driven should it become un-roadworthy.
12. Drivers agree to use their best endeavours to look after the vehicle including properly securing the vehicle when parked and at night, checking of all fluids and tyre pressures on a regular basis.
13. The car is to be returned before the time and date specified on this agreement. Cars returned late will be charged one additional full day hire for every 24 hour period or part thereof.
14. No smoking or animals in the car please.